Thursday, November 27, 2014

Friendsgiving in France

We have a lot to be Thankful for this year - living abroad as a family is an amazing experience, both getting to know life in France, and also having access to travel to new places often and easily.  Even so, it's of course hard to be so far away from our family and friends back home, especially during the holidays.  I feel really lucky that I have made some close friends in Versailles who have kids Lilah's age.  Jess and Nancy make me laugh a lot, are excellent sounding boards for all of Lilah's ailments and cheerleaders for her excitements, and have awesome kids who are Lilah's best friends.  I don't know what I'd do without them, seriously.  Since we're all American (well, the Moms are - Chris is the only American Dad), we decided to celebrate Thanksgiving all together.  It was as delicious as it was fun, and almost (almost) made me forget I wasn't with my family.

Happy Thanksgiving!  Nancy and Jess, I'm very Thankful for you!

Nancy, Fred & Thomas; Stephen, Jessica & Arielle; Kimmy, Chris & Lilah
The Bird.  Fresh from the farm.
The guys carving the turkey
The spread

No comments: