Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Melted Cheese. And a visit with Ann & Mart.

While Chris traveled to Portland, Oregon for a conference, Lilah and I traveled to Zurich, Switzerland to spend some time with our friends Ann & Mart (and their dog Huxley).  Last time Chris went to the US for a conference, Lilah came down with some virus, so although I figured there was no way she would get sick again, I really didn't want to chance being alone with a sick baby for another week.  Well, I was proven wrong that she wouldn't get sick again, and right that I should have left town.  Thank goodness for my wonderful friends who kept me sane, cooked for me, and cleaned up after a very sick baby girl for 2 days.  

Luckily we had some fun before Lilah got sick!  We toured all over Zurich, which is a beautiful town on a lake, with views of the Alps.  We ate so much melted cheese (in the forms of fondue and raclette), along with lots of amazing chocolate.  Lilah and Huxley developed a friendship that consists of Lilah feeding Huxley treats, throwing him a ball, eating out of his kong, and playing in his water bowl (hmm...maybe this is how she got sick...).

Me, Ann, and Zurich
Mart and Ann

Lilah and Huxley, friends forever.

Fondue. Why eat anything else, ever?


No comments: